Thursday, April 21, 2011

1 Week Old

It's hard to believe a week has already passed. Erik and I are starting to establish a routine at home but we haven't had a lot of normalcy since we have arrived home. Erik has been great with Oliver and soaks up every minute he can when he gets home from work. He doesn't hesitate to change a diaper or give a bath. He's such a good Dad already.  He has also been really helpful to me since I'm still healing and not 100% yet. Thank goodness I have a good teammate in all of this.
Oliver has been doing well. Since the doctor had to use a vacuum to get him out he is at a higher risk for Jaundice. His levels have been on the high side and we have to get him tested about every other day. Today he has another appointment and the doctor will make the final call on whether he needs a Billyrueben light or not. I have been bathing him in sunlight these last couple of days to help reduce the Jaundice. If only the sun would come out and cooperate.
Oliver is starting to smile! It is so adorable. At first I thought he was just making a funny face because he had to toot but it was a smile. He usually will smile when I talk to him. Mom and I are trying to decide if he has dimples or not. It looks like he could have one on each side. I guess it will be a mystery until the full smile comes out.
I often times stop and am just amazed by him. I think how did that little guy fit in my belly and those little feet are what was kicking me for the last few months. It is just plain amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment