Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Routine

Well Oliver is now 13 days old! Time seems to be nonexistent and days and nights are rolled into one but we have started to establish some sort of a routine. I take the night shift and sleep downstairs where I have what I call my "Command Center". This is the recliner that I sit in to breastfeed, pump, rock, pass out in, and write to all of you. Erik and I are already wondering what the life my "Command Center is going to be. When Erik is working my Mom comes over around 8:30 to watch Oliver while I shower and have some time to get myself together. She helps me with some daily chores around the house and gives me some time to run errands and escape from the house for an hour or so.  Gunner can usually be found sleeping in his bed downstairs until he is sick of us and then he finds a sun patch upstairs to lay in. When he isn't sleeping you can find him at one of the windows looking out for chipmunks. It's like watching and episode of Tom and Jerry. We have one bold chipmunk that will sit on the patio step that leads into the house and will just stare at Gunner inside the house. Gunner will knock on the patio door with his paw and then the chipmunk will run to a new window and it starts over. Erik wants to "take care" of the chipmunk but I told him he's good entertainer for the dog.  Then around 5:30 Erik pulls in the driveway and Oliver, Gunner, and I are all happy to see him. Erik usually has his Oliver time which usually includes changing a poopy diaper (Erik always seems to get those) and having some snuggle time. When Erik is off to bed then my night shift begins again.

In the midst of our routine we have also had a lot of wonderful visitors in the past 13 days. Many family members have come over to soak up some Oliver time as well as many of our friends. We have really appreciated all their love, support, and wonderful dinners!

                                                                      Four Generations

Gunner at his post.

Grandma Chris helping out.

Me in my "Command Center"

No comments:

Post a Comment