Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hopes and Dreams

He's almost able to roll over from his back to his stomach !



When Erik and  I told people that we were having a little one the most common response was "your life is going to change forever, your not going to get any sleep, you won't have time to do what you want, and your going to have him for 18 years!." At the 3:30 feeding this morning I started to think about this advice and how that isn't what I would consider the life changing part of having a baby, that's just part of parenthood. What is life changing, worrisome, scary, and awesome to me is his future. I have all these things that I hope and dream he will be such as kind, thankful, hardworking, caring, grateful, happy, and a little tough :) We now have a little man that will look to us for guidance in life situations and hopefully we will have been good role models of these qualities. To me making sure that we are modeling these qualities everyday is the life changing part of having a child. I guess only time will tell if we were good models.

No comments:

Post a Comment