Monday, May 16, 2011

Date Night!

Erik and I love to watch the Discovery Channel. One of our favorite shows is Deadliest Catch and while watching the show a few weeks ago a commercial advertised that Captain Sig and the Hilstrand brothers were coming to the Fox Valley Performing Arts Center. We figured this would be a perfect date night for us and we ordered tickets. So last night we dropped Oliver off at Grandpa and Grandma Salm's and went to the show. It was really a nice get away and we enjoyed the show. When we returned to pick up Oliver around 9, he was sleeping and happy. By the time we got home he was hungry and the angry baby came out. When we finally settled him down around 11 and put him to bed. All was well until the next feeding at 2:30 when angry baby returned. I could hear him starting to get fussy so I picked him up and headed downstairs to feed him. He was happily eating and started to nod off. I thought great, he should  make it until 6 until he needs to get fed so I'll get a solid 3 hours of sleep. The boss man had other plans. I would rock him until his eyes were closed for a few minutes and then I would get up and lay him down ever so gently and then BAM! His eyes were WIDE open  and the process would start all over again. By the time 4:30 rolled around I was at my wits end and woke Erik up hoping that he could do the trick and get Oliver to sleep. That didn't work either. By the time 5 o'clock came around Oliver must have decided that he had torchered us enough and he nodded off. I'm sure this won't be the first or last time this will happen but I was happy that:
1. We had a nice get away.
2. He was good for Grandpa and Grandma so they will hopefully watch him again.
3 I didn't have a couple of glasses of wine at the show or I would have really been dragging butt today.

No comments:

Post a Comment