Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Great Outdoors

View from the end of our driveway.

Gunner's enjoying the nice weather in the backyard.

Oliver's checking out the activity mat.

The tulips are in full bloom!

Can you see the little head that's on Eriks' Chest? Nap time!

Well it is finally feels a little like spring around here. Our crabapple trees are in full bloom along with all the tulips I planted in the fall. I was hoping that a few would have popped up around the time Oliver was born but mother nature had other plans. Never the less they are beautiful. Erik and I have been working on the yard between Oliver's nap times. Our vegetable garden has yet to be planted which is probably a good thing since there is a frost advisory out for tonight. Hopefully tomorrow I can sneak away and put the plants in the ground.
Last year Erik and I put a small pond surrounded by a flower bed in the backyard and it's been exciting to see all the flowers start to fill out and bloom this year. We bought some Koi and put them in the pond last year and then over the winter I kept them at school for the kids to enjoy. Soon it will be time to relocate them to their summer home. Erik and I envision Oliver enjoying feeding them someday.
Oliver is now down to one feeding a night! I can't wait until he sleeps through the night but one feeding feels like heaven. He is also starting to become more predictable and I can distinguish the difference in his cries. He loves to take naps while laying on our chests. As you can see the the picture Erik enjoys taking naps with Oliver when he gets home from work. Oliver is started to become really interested his activity center and love to look outside which makes me happy. I hope he ends up loving the outdoors as much as Erik and I do.

1 comment:

  1. I think I have a photo of your dad sleeping with you Heidi, similar to Erik and Oliver. :)

    ReplyDelete