Friday, May 6, 2011

Top 5 Things I Have Learned In 3 Weeks

It's been 3 weeks and a day since the little man came into this world and boy have I learned a lot. Here are the top five things that I have learned in the past 3 weeks.

5. Burp, Burp, Burp, and Burp some more. I have come to realize that no matter how tired I am I MUST make him burp even if I don't think he has to otherwise I will wear rocketed curdled milk all over my clothes.

4. A squeak, Squawk, whine, or toot are false alarms. Leave the sleeping bear alone.

3. Always cover the family jewels when diaper changing. Oliver has marked Erik and I as his territory multiple times :)

2. When you hear tooting  WAIT to check the diaper until things have "settled" down. Need I say more.

1. Point the family jewels down. Erik and I couldn't for the life of us figure out how Oliver was peeing through his diaper and  all over his side and stomach. We kept tightening the diapers and trying different diapers but Oliver would still get wet. Then our friend Curt came over while I was changing a diaper and I was complaining about constantly changing Oliver's clothes because of this problem. He looks at Erik and I and simply states " Point the wiener down". Well, we took his advice and there hasn't been a problem since!

No comments:

Post a Comment